This weekend is, to my knowledge, the last weekend of Spring Break, and this girl could not be happier about it.
It's not that I don't love the business (or my customers): I do! But tack extra busy hours onto already long days and that equals exhaustion. As it is, I work all day today (read: 14 hours) and tomorrow (a smooth 11) and then I'm off for a day. One of our managers thought it would be a good time to take a weekend off: I obviously do not agree :). I've got a biggish party this morning and probably a busy night, and then we're all clear! Hopefully.
Well, that's that, at least. It's definitely hindered my ability to sew, because I can't really muster the energy that late at night ... but I got a few things done!
- I pieced some sashing on my "Alice" quilt. In my estimation, there's only about 14 more seams to be pieced! BOOYA! I'll need to add a border before it's done, but I'm getting close! If I finish it this week, I can cross that off my list for March, too.
- Started organizing my blocks for my Outfoxed quilt. I'm really liking the way it's beginning to look!
And because I'm a weak human being, I also did some fabric and/or book ordering.
- Yours truly got in a copy of "Farmer's Wife Quilt". Having waited for this one forever, I was super pleased to see it come in!
- I may or may not have purchased the Ariel and Ursula Funko!Pop figures. I also may or may not have a problem to be buying toys at my age.
- Christmas Gifts were decided upon: each of my brothers will recieve a quilt reflecting their favorite color. This, I have decided, is doable. We'll see. If not, everyone gets Lord of the Rings Pez!
- I ordered extra prints in blue, red, and silver (three of my bros favorite colors). There was also this really cute Scandinavian Owl print at Sew Fresh fabrics that I knew my older brother (who loves owls) would appreciate ... and it's not too girly, either!
- I bought some patterns from Tula Pink that were totally bitchin': Kiss Kiss and Windswept, as well as some "Sea of Tears in Dusk", one of my favorite prints, to go with it!
- Did you know that "Salt Air" by Cosmo Cricket was out in yardage? I didn't! But when I discovered this, I snagged half yards of all of the "Waves in Ocean" and "Fish Tales" prints ... as well as a yard of Day Dreamin' in Villa from Lush!
In any case, I need to go get prepared for this party. I'll be back later with pictures, hopefully of some finished quilt tops!