Thursday, September 27, 2012

busy like a bee

This has been a pretty crazy week, altogether. There are some weeks where my job can be pretty sleepy, but we've been doing a lot of SEO and changing some things around and so one meeting a week can turn into three or four.

I feel especially dumb because we had one webinar scheduled for what we thought was 10 AM our time (and 11 AM PDT), but we got completely confused. My boss and I came back two hours later, realizing that it would be a later meeting, not earlier ... but got it wrong again, by an hour. So we got to work at 9:30 AM for a meeting that wasn't until 1:00 P.M. So much for genius.

Not all of the meetings were talk, talk, talk, though! We're secretly working on developing some pizzas to add to our menu, so we spent yesterday morning doing just that! Thinking of what we want, and making it! (Super fun)!


This one was pepperoni, mushroom, and mozzarella with Kalamata olives. And we cooked it with a really cool Lincoln Impinger, which basically takes a pizza and cooks it in about five minutes (think those machines at Quiznos!) We have the same exact machine in our kitchen and I'm super excited to work with it.

I've also been having some troubles with this little lady. She's taken to barking when she wants my attention, which is not a trait I'm excited she's picked up. She barks pretty loudly, too, and I live in an apartment building, so letting her bark it out isn't working well.


Not to mention that she's learned to jump on the couch. I came home last night to this mess and nearly cried:


Oh, the horror. She's lucky she's cute and I love her. 

There has been progress on my goals, however. But not much. I'm off tomorrow morning and I'm really looking forward to quilting a bit more. 

For now, I've been watching Sherlock - okay, make that watched, because I finished all six episodes - and I'm officially in love. This show is the BOMB. Definitely one of the best ones I've started watching! Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock is brilliant, and it makes me even more excited to see him Star Trek 2 and as "Smaug". Don't even get me started on Martin Freeman or Andrew Scott's performances. I'll gibber all day.

It goes especially well with a little handiwork, particularly when you're behind on said handiwork:


It's September. I'm on July. I know, I'm terrible. Isn't July a whopper, though? 


I also got in this "Mama Said Sew" that I ordered back in June .... I'm totally in love with these text prints, and the fact that they've got sewing terminology all over it just makes me swoon a little. Okay, a lot.

 

And Center City! So bright, so colorful, such bad photography on my part. (In my defense, I took it at night.) I've got the 'Uptown' palette to order, and then I'll be ready to go! I can't wait :)

Well, that's all she (I) wrote for now. Hopefully I'll get some more cross-stitching and/or sewing done tomorrow and then I'll really have something to show! Later days!

- Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment