Thursday, September 13, 2012

On Goals and Toothaches

I hate having toothaches. I've always had problems with my teeth - from impacted teeth, to dental surgeries, to a propensity for cavities, you name it. But toothaches are the worst, aren't they? So it's lukewarm water and foods for me until this goes away. Although I was so frustrated by the lack of aid the aspirin was rendering that I drank a beer for the first time in nearly a year. It didn't make the pain go away, but it knocked me right out!

I pulled out my stack of Parisville fabrics - I've got most of the collection, not all - and have decided to make a larger version of Oh Fransson's Charm Squares Baby Quilt.

For me, a big part of deciding what pattern to use is whether or not it'll work with the large-scale prints a collection might have. As I've grown as a quilter, I have definitely become someone who likes to make quilts featuring collections rather than color schemes. I'll feature fabrics from other collections as accents, but mostly it's the collection itself I'm fond of (i.e. the "Little Folks Voile' quilt, or the 'Innocent Crush' string quilt).

Parisville has some beautiful, large-scale prints that I would hate to cut in half. Elizabeth's pattern is kind of perfect for it, plus it's easy, so it should finish quicker than the string quilt I recently did for 'Habitat'.

I also decided to do a large-scale, HST quilt for Hello Pilgrim. This line is great because it could work with a pattern with smaller piecing, but the pattern I've got in mind for it should a.) piece easily and b.) accent the colors. I love the scheme she chose, and as with all my Lizzy House fabric I'm saving certain pieces of it for a quilt featuring all of it later on!

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I'm hoping to get some sewing done on both of these quilts and finish up some blocks for my Outfoxed Nine-Patch. Ya'll have a great day!

- Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment