Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Singer Stylist 7258

I wanted to do this meme not because I have any intention of it being posted anywhere, but because there's hardly any reviews on the internet about it, and I wanted someone looking for information to be able to find said information. So here we go:


What brand and model do you have?
Singer 7258.

How long have you had it?
A couple weeks.

How much does that machine cost (approximately)?
Anywhere from $200-$300, although I have seen it sold on Amazon for less.

What types of things do you sew (i.e. quilting, clothing, handbags, home dec projects, etc.)?
I mainly quilt and a lot of my work on the machine are quilt tops in particular, but I also do home dec projects.

How much do you sew? How much wear and tear does the machine get?
I sew nearly every day for at least an hour, sometimes more.

Do you like/love/hate your machine? Are you ambivalent? Passionate? Does she have a name?

I love my machine. It's a delight to work with after having two machines previously which, while they were little workhorses, were not nearly as smooth. It doesn't have a name yet; I'm thinking on it. :)

What features does your machine have that work well for you?
It offers free-motion quilting, a see through bobbin plate, and speed and stitch width controls, and is generally very easy to get started.

Is there anything that drives you nuts about your machine?
Nothing that drives me nuts, but sometimes there is a pause in between the backstitch and forward stitching. As far as problems go, it's very minor.

Do you have a great story to share about your machine (i.e., Found it under the Christmas tree? Dropped it on the kitchen floor? Sewed your fingernail to your zipper?, Got it from your Great Grandma?, etc.!)? We want to hear it!
I got it from my older brothers for Christmas! It's definitely needed and loved, and I feel very loved to have two brothers who picked out a gift so perfect.

Would you recommend the machine to others? Why?
I would. I think that if you're looking for a machine that sews well, is in a good price range, and has a variety of appealing features, this machine would do very well for you. It's really been lovely to work with.

What factors do you think are important to consider when looking for a new machine?
Personally, I wanted a machine that free-motion quilted, was sturdy, and was simple to use and set up, all of which were conditions that were met with this machine. I believe that, under normal circumstances, you should definitely try the machine out and see if you like the way it sews.

Do you have a dream machine?
One day I'd love to own a Janome Horizon, but I'm very, very pleased to have my Singer 7258 and I think we'll be great friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment