Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Holidays!

I hope everyone had a great holiday! I certainly did!

Christmas Eve was spent eating dinner with my brothers and dad. I cooked the meal and no one got food poisoning! (J/K, but in all seriousness I am NO cook). I had the time to give my brother his present ... a Marvel Comics Encyclopedia! I think he's officially in love with it.

We spent that night with my older brother and his wife's family, eating dinner and enjoying their company! It was awesome and fun. :) Christmas Day was spent wishing folks well, calling my grandmother and oldest brother, cutting out fabric and watching Star Trek. And as of this morning, I've sewn TEN of my Modern Meadow Sawtooth Stars and they. are. awesome.

I'm a very happy girl today, and I'll tell you why: I got a new sewing machine for Christmas! A Singer Stylist 7258. So far - and I haven't played with it much except for basic stitching and making blocks - it's run like a dream. I'm in love. It's computerized, which take some getting used to, but I'm okay with that!

I also received some cashola for Christmas, so you know, of course, what I did with it! (Here's a hint: it involves Etsy...and Sew Mama Sew...)

- The fat quarter collection of the Scissors Prints in Half Moon Modern!
- 1/4 Yard pieces of all the jewel prints in Outfoxed. I LOVE Lizzy House's basics!
- Charm Packs of Reunion, Half Moon Modern, California Girl, Salt Air, and a Walk in the Woods.
- A Summersault Print I didn't have.
- All the Chevron prints from the Boho Collection by Annette Tatum in 1/2 yards!
- Four yards of white fabric for stocking up! I used up every piece of it for the Sawtooth Stars

I debated on buying the fat quarter bundle of LouLouthi Velveteen, but I think I'll wait on it! I'm also itching for Ruby Star Spring to come out - I've got it bad for that collection!

Everyone have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment