Wednesday, February 22, 2012

he's the wiz and he lives in oz!

I love musicals. There, I said it. When I was a kid, I watched "The Wiz" on TV and absolutely loved it. How could you not - all the greats were there, the musical numbers were catchy, and they did a damn fine job of the special effects! I bought that the other day and watched it, and man did it take me back!

While I watched this - and "Tin Man", the miniseries from 2007 that was a re-do of the Wizard of Oz (also not half bad) - I got a little bit more work done on my quilt tops.

- I finished three more blocks for my brother's quilt-as-you-go top.
- I finished three more Modern Meadow blocks! Only 13 more!

I also started a new quilt. I've had these scraps just laying around for my QAYG blocks, and as I looked at them, I realized that some were precious, but most were scraps I wasn't going to use at any time in the near future, not even on my QAYG. Separating out my Heather Ross scraps (which I might use for a ticker tape for my niece), I went through ALL of my scraps. What was once two small laundry bags full of scraps became one small laundry bag loosely filled.

Since string quilts are a favorite of mine, and they're quick and easy, I decided that was the route I would take. So far, I've got six completely random, totally scrappy blocks and even if I don't LOVE them, I think I'll love the finished product. It may very well be the first quilt I quilt myself on my new machine! I think it would be the perfect thing :)

Other things happened this week, too ...

- Bought Hello Pilgrim! And some Deer Valley and Chestnut Hill, and Essex Linen...
- Organized my quilting tutorials and books!
- Went through my mom's things (finally).
- Picked up a friend from Bush Intercontinental!
- Got my brother to try Naked Juice, Green Machine! He hated it, but the look on his face was PRICELESS!
- The Shamrock Shake at McDonald's is good - if you like mint (like I do!)

I'm looking forward to finishing up my cleaning tonight and some more scrappy string blocks! :) Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment