Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happenings, Stashings

It's been a quiet New Year's weekend for me: luckily so, because we were swamped at work all week and the reprieve was nice.

- Watched "The Prophecy" one and two for the first time. Viggo Mortensen is terrifying as Lucifer. "You know what Hell really is, Thomas? It's not lakes of burning oil or chains of ice. It's being removed from God's sight, having His word taken from you. It's hard to believe. So hard. I know that better than anyone."

- Worked on some more blocks for my Modern Meadow quilt! I think I've got about four left, that are ready to finish, and then about 20 more after that! It's exciting how quickly it's coming together!

- I started working on my quilt-as-you-go log cabins again. I finished another block and started working on two others. It's an easy, painless project to work on when I get frustruated with the particulars of more difficult projects. I have two going: a heather ross log cabin, and a green-and-neutral log cabin. I've about ten or so blocks finished for both!

- Did some organizing! Picked up a few little bins at Target; pictures of that coming soon!

I've also picked up a few things for the stash ... bad, I know. But this is as bad as I'm going to be for the next few months while I try to straighten out my finances (and do some mad saving!)

- Picked up the entire collection of Ruby Star Rising in fat quarters. I'm in love with this line: so bright, so fun! Paired with some black framing and some solids, I think I'd end up with a beautiful quilt!
- The "sprout" colorway of Parisville. So lovely!
- All of the "eyedrop" prints from Parisville. I wasn't very fond of them at first, but they've definitely grown on me: I think they're a perfect addition to my stash!
- Picked up six of the "Snip Snip" prints from Wonderland! I'm so glad to have found them, I looked for them everywhere before ... I've got them in Jam, Sugar Plum, Glass, Sky, Tomato, and Chai! I only need them in Pistachio!

Once I finish my Modern Meadow top, and my Little Miss Alice top, my next project is an Outfoxed top! But I'm resolved to withold buying the solids for said quilt until I'm ready to start :)

I'm off to work on a wedding. You have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment