Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wow! It's been a while!

It feels like forever since I posted a blog. It's one of those things where you have every intention of doing so, and then that idea disappears. Where does it go? My money's always on Narnia.

March is always a busy month in the restaurant business, so that accounts for part of it. There hasn't been much machine sewing going on, but here's a bit of what has:


I watched "Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" for the first time. I came for Jeff Goldblum and left with a crush on Buckaroo and a chasm of respect for Peter Weller. Be still my beating heart.


This is one picture of Sulli where she isn't giving me her usual side-eye. The only thing I can compare this picture to is catching a hummingbird in slo-mo. She is almost NEVER this still.


This guy is getting SO BIG! He is such a lover-boy and so affectionate. To think that when I first got him I felt a disconnect seems almost unbelievable. One of the best parts of coming home is this guy falling right in my lap!


It's been a long ambition of mine to make a star quilt like my grandmother's, and so I began one (despite having a million OTHER projects that could have used completing. Oh, well). Initially I started out doing JUST florals, but rich jewel tones called to me and now it's going to be a rainbow quilt. Go figure!


And here's a picture of the sewing half of my closet, all neat and clean. I live in an area where hurricanes are pretty prevalent, and I thought about what I'd take if that occurred. Of course it was my puppies, my fabric, my quilt tops and my sewing machine! My can't-live-withouts.

That's all for today. I hope to get back in the swing of things and start posting more! (And maybe have a few quilts done eventually... a girl can dream!)

Later Days!

- Kait





No comments:

Post a Comment