Friday, February 15, 2013

Do the Harlem Shake

Or don't. I haven't, but make sure you check out the videos on Youtube because those are RIDICULOUS.


Valentine's Day was yesterday! I celebrated it with these chocolates (thank you customer!) and my dogs.



I dyed these fabrics this week! I really love the saturation of the colors, although I will say that the iDye leaves the white parts of the fabric a bit whiter than the RIT dye (but that's not a deal breaker!) I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with them, but for now I'm content to just oogle :)


Of the four I picked out here, I dyed the two "green" hues, Olive and Emerald. I will say that the Olive ends up dyeing a shade or two darker than that - it's really a brown/green, which is to be expected, but you have to dry it out before it looks that way! When the fabric is dyeing it looks black! The Emerald is a lovely color, though :)


I started watching this. I'm sort of in love with it and if you don't hear from me again it's because I couldn't stop watching it...


I love, love, LOVE these Martha Negley feathers. Again, I don't know quite what to do with them, but I'm ecstatic that they're mine!


There was also Tres Leches this week, which makes me infinitely happy.

I'm hoping to get a quilt top finished this weekend (only two more seams to sew!) and another little cross-stitch character done. (As well as much puppy cuddling and sandwich eating). (Because I gave up pizza which was a silly, silly decision).

Later days!

- Katie





No comments:

Post a Comment