Friday, October 12, 2012

oh, Harry Potter gets me right in the feels.

In all seriousness, I can't watch any Harry Potter movie without tearing up once or twice. I'm in a glass case of emotion! Every. Time.

(which is why I bought the movies I didn't have)
(and plan on having a marathon when I get the chance)
(...even if it takes me two days)

In other news, my puppy had her last baby shots this week! And just when I thought we were free to go - after discussing her scary anxiety attack last week, and the biting that commenced - the vet noticed her eye was red. So now we're on antibiotics.


But I'm lucky, because she doesn't mind all that much. In fact, she gets impatient when I don't get her medicine ready quick enough - thank you, better tasting meds! Why can't people have better tasting meds?

I bought some fabrics for a quilt for a friend, and laid them all out ... I can't wait to cut into them! :)


And I declared my rotary cutter MIA, so I had to buy a new one. Boo! But at least this one has a handle. We'll see how well I like it.


Somewhere in between, there was this clam poker party (because dog poker, as you know, is SO last century).


And some Hello Pilgrim blocks became bigger blocks.


Although these still need to be trimmed up ...


I also pulled out some old Quilt-As-You-Go blocks. This one, part of a series with Heather Ross prints as centers, is one of my favorite for it's mint/teal color scheme ...

But who can forget Sleeping Beauty?


Or the Frog Prince? (one of my favorite all-time prints, by the way)



I'd love to finish that quilt up. At the moment, I've got one baby quilt that HAS to be done ASAP - before my best friend/sister has her baby, Jace! I'm sewing the backing tonight and quilting it Sunday (hopefully). 


We also got our Renfest tickets! I LOVE, LOVE LOVE REN FEST. I can't wait to take a busload of pictures and upload them here! It's going to be the bomb.com.

That's all for now. Hopefully I'll be back later in the week with a finished baby quilt, a few finished blocks, and a birthday present for the best little brother ever.

Later Days!
- Kait




No comments:

Post a Comment