Thursday, April 5, 2012

Progress!

I didn't get to spend nearly as much time as I'd have liked sewing on those two days I was off, but I definitely got some things accomplished!

- I finished my Scrappy Strings quilt top! In the end, after adding some colorful, modern prints to it and vetoing some of the darker ones, it has a fun, eclectic patchy feel to it, which was the point all along. I really loved the final product!

- Nearly all of my "Outfoxed" blocks are organized. I only have five more, and only because I ran out of squares for a couple prints! Strange, because I could have sworn I cut them all out exactly, but I have extras of those prints so it's a-ok!

- Put together some piles for my brothers and dad's quilts!

- Finally put some graphite in the door so that my key will be easier to turn! Gah!

- Picked up some quilting stuff: batting by the yard (on major sale at Hobby Lobby - only $8.99 a yard!) as well as some kona white and misc prints for quilts. Love love love! I also snagged a quilting frame for $9.00, a pretty sweet deal!

- We went and saw "Wrath of the Titans". And while (spoiler alert!) I'm not a fan of the idea of the Greek Gods just dying and fading away, I still really enjoyed the movie. It's an excellent 3-D movie, and the only actor who felt out of place was the gentleman who played Ares (he felt a bit robotic when he spoke his lines at times).

- In other super exciting news, I found more green Library Stripe! From Denyse Schmidt's Greenfield Hill line, Library Stripe has to be one of my favorite prints of all time, much less of Ms. Schmidt's! I've been looking for more ever since I accidentally threw away a bag of scraps it was in - and lo and behold, it was on quilthome.com! I definitely recommend checking them out if you're looking for an older print - they tend to have what I'm looking for!

For this next off day, I'd really like to sit back, relax, and do some real sewing! If I complete my Outfoxed top next, and then finish my green QAYG, I'd like to finish my Poseidon top or start on my Habitat quilt. Although maybe I need to actually QUILT some of the ones I've got in my closet first :)

Ya'll have a great Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment