Saturday, November 19, 2011

sleep exhaustion, winning, and a genius alarm system.

I did it. I finished my Prince Charming Log Cabin - and I'm just tickled pink (excuse my pun)! No pictures thus far; I need a guy or two to hold it up whilst I photograph, and so far none of us have been off on the same days!

In order to complete said quilt top, I stayed up all night, ripping out the seams on the sashing, reattaching the blocks in proper order, and then reattaching the blocks. I actually had it finished and hung in the closet around 3:00 A.M., which left me (sadly) with: two hours until the burrito shop opened, three hours until first light (and, therefore, the return of my willingness to go and grab my laundry, due to fear of a.) the dark and b.) zombies) (my apartment is right on the street, but there's a fence on one side of my sidewalk and giant bushes right in front of all our apartments, which oddly makes it creepier), and six hours until I had to be at work for a delivery.

In the time until the delivery, I completed more blocks for my Poseidon Greek Cross (I need to cut some more fabric out for that one) and worked on my LouLouthi Flannels Chevron. I also watched about half of Doom, which is a terrible horror movie by some standards, but I like it just fine.

I also rigged up a genius alarm system for myself. My problem is that I'm actually unable to hear the alarm I currently have set: I sleep right through it. I sleep right through FOUR of it, and wake up about two hours later than I wanted.

So I changed it up. I set each alarm on my phone - all 15 minutes apart - to a new tone, each more annoying and jarring than the last. One of those was even the ringtone I gave my ex-boyfriend, which was kind of terrifying at six in the morning. But it worked! I heard EVERY ONE! I am so smart I scare MYSELF sometimes. (I also frighten myself with my extreme modesty).

So now, with Thanksgiving on the way and two days of complete laziness ahead, what to do? Here are my plans:

- Paint my nails. Possibly.
- Play ZELDA. I GOT THIS GAME ON SUNDAY AND I AM RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED. IF NO ONE EVER SEES ME AGAIN, I'VE BECOME PART OF THE GAME AND I'M VERY HAPPY.
- Sew another row to LouLouthi flannels. I'm loving this quilt's look!
- Cut fabric for Poseidon and for other quilts, bag it and tag it!
- Bake pies. And rolls, and cook mashed potatoes, and also ham at my house because my Dad threw his oven down the stairs last spring (in his defense, this would have been the first occasion where the thing MIGHT have come in handy since that day. So he was kind of right).
- Find my brother's "legal, you were born here, and you exist" paperwork. Boy needs a photo ID and a bank account like I need a vacation.


So there you are! Be back later with my "achievements".

No comments:

Post a Comment